Chicken in a tangy mixture, flavoured with traditional pickle spices.
Meat is flavoured with herbs, spices and seasoning and cooked along with aromatic basmati rice to prepare one of Indian’s finest foods, the Biryani.
The best known chicken dish from the land of Punjab, served in a rich creamy sauce delicately flavoured with nutmeg and saffron. Mild in taste, best served with ‘tandoori rotis’ or naan bread.
From the land of Punjab, India, this chickpea curry is seasoned with tamarind and a hint of sugar. This dish is best served with Chappati’s and Plain yoghurt.
A deliciously thick yoghurt, green chilli and coriander based curry as preferred by the Persian rulers who established the Moghul rule in India.
• Fry 2 onions in 2 tbsp of oil with a crushed pod of garlic.
• Stir in 3 tbsp of the Goan Coconut Curry Mix, after 2 min add the Fish or Vegetables with 200 ml coconut milk & bring to the boil till the Fish or Vegetables are cooked.
Optional: Add 2g tamarind
Goan Garam Masala is a spice blend unique to Goa. It is usually either added to curries, vegetable dishes, soups, BBQs or stews towards the end of cooking or sprinkled over the surface just before serving. Why not add Goan Masala to Yoghurt to make a dip.
Chicken cooked to perfection in a thick mixture of Indian spices and green herbs.
Goa – best known for its beautiful beaches and exotic cuisine, brings this popular local dish. A rich coconut based sauce fused with assorted spices from this region of India.
• Roast 100g desiccated coconut without any oil till light brown and keep aside.
• Fry 2 chopped onions in oil and add 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste until light brown.
• Add 500g Chicken or Lamb or 300g Vegetables and cook for 2 min.
• Stir in 4 tsp of the mix and after 2 min add the roasted coconut.
• After further 2 min add 50 ml coconut milk and a cup of water.
A delicious chicken dish cooked in a thick creamy sauce. Best served with Basmati rice or Chappati’s. This is one of the Easy to cook Indian Curry.
• Finely chop 2-Onions, add to pan with 3 tbsp of Oil. Fry for 1-minute then add 3-medium sized Tomatoes & cook for a further 2 minutes
• Stir in 2 tbsp of the Karelan Spice Mix, after 2 minutes add the Fish or Vegetables with 100ml Coconut Milk & bring to the boil until the Fish or Vegetables are cooked.
A rich hot sauce flavoured with aromatic spices and a hint of coconut from the land of madras. Best served with naan bread.
1) Goan Cafreal (serves 4to 6)
You will need .. paste 100 gram in pouch
1 kg meat or veg like mushrooms or Panner ,2 tbsp Olde goa toddy vinegar or cider will do
1. Coat the meat ( diced or on the bone )I prefer the bone on the meat .with toddy vinegar along with the marinade from the pouch keep aside for 1hour
2) with little oil in a pan fry the chicken until cooked server with rice or just with chips
Tip from chef savio ,for a curry fry 2 large onion and add to the marinaded meat or veg with coconut milk let it cook adding little warm water .